Debora Hirsch was born in São Paulo, Brazil. She received her an MSc in Industrial Engineering from the University of São Paulo and an MBA from Bocconi University in Milan.
- Artist-in-residence at AnnexB, New York (2019).
- Artist-in-residence at RU Residency Unlimited, New York (2018).
Nominated for the Cisneros Fontanals Art Foundation’s (CIFO) Grants and Commissions Program 2019 – 2020.
Debora Hirsch’s work has recently been shown at:
- Galerie Dix9, Firmamento, Paris (2019)
- Lisi Hämmerle Gallery, Scivias, Bregenz (2019)
- The Iconography of Silence, Hutchinson Modern, New York (2019)
- Eco Shifters, Carriage Trade, New York (2019)
- Il Crepaccio by Caroline Corbetta, Instagram (2019)
- Welcome to the Anthropocene!, riss(e), Varese (2018)
- Panorama Punjab in association with WBX Out of the Box, New York (2018)
- Fugitive Designs, RU Residency Unlimited, New York (2018)
- WunderMoRE, MAXXI National Museum of the 21st Century Arts, Rome (2018)
- BelVedere, MIART @MARS Milan Artist Run Space, Milan (2018)
- Panorama Punjab, Qila Mubarak, Patiala (2018)
- Art in Art, MOCAK Museum of Contemporary Art in Krakow, Krakow (2017)
- Firmamento, MARS Milan Artist Run Space, Milan (2017)
- Dreams & drama. Law as literature, nGbK, Berlin (2017)
- Drawings from Lightning, Madeinbritaly, London (2017)
- Fateful Space, WhiteBox, New York (2016)
- Donotclickthru, Galleria Pack, Milan (2016)
- Andata e Ritorno, Palazzo Della Ragione, Verona (2016)
- Before Nightfall, Anthology Film Archives, New York (2016)
- Medicine in Art, MOCAK Museum of Contemporary Art in Krakow, Krakow (2016)
Before 2016, she exhibited at other art galleries, museums and institutions including: MuBE Museu Brasileiro da Escultura e Ecologia, São Paulo; MACRO Museo di Arte Contemporanea di Roma, Rome; Fondazione
Sandretto Re Rebaudengo, Turin; Quadriennale, Roma; GAMC Palazzo Forti, Verona; MAGA, Gallarate; Palazzo Collicola Arti Visive, Spoleto; E Il Topo Rob Pruitt’s Flea Market, AplusA, Venice; Premio Michetti, Francavilla al Mare; Spazio Oberdan, Milan; Viafarini and Care of, Milan; Fondazione A. Olivetti, Rome; PAC Padiglione d’Arte Contemporanea, Milan; Espaço Telemar, Rio de Janeiro; Centro Cultural FIESP, São Paulo; Galerie de l’Artothèque, Lyon; Annarumma Gallery, Naples; PLAY gallery for still and motion picture, Berlin; Vodafone Award; Torino Incontra L’arte Award; Museo del Premio Suzzara Award; Arte Mondadori Award; Premio Cairo, Milan.
Co-author of Framed, book published by Charta (2010). Co-editor of E Il Topo magazine
Her work is included in some public and private collections such as MOCAK Museum Of Contemporary Art in Krakow, Krakow; MuBe Museu Brasileiro da Escultura e Ecologia, São Paulo; Casa Testori; Fondation
Francès; Benetton; Arte Mondadori; Ernesto Esposito; Giorgio Fasol; GAMEC Verona; Monte dei Paschi Bank; Museo Premio Suzzara; Collezione VR Vittorio Rappa, Fondazione Rivoli2, Isabella Hutchinson.
Her work has been featured on Flash Art, Vogue, AD Architectural Digest, Hyperallergic, Domus, Marie Claire, Arte Mondadori, InsideArt, Sole24Ore, Exibart, Artribune, Espoarte, Glamour, Corriere Della Sera, L’Espresso, Panorama, La Repubblica, Rolling Stone, Folha de São Paulo, and others.